Academic year 2013/14
Five teacher training days and three occasional days are set each academic year. These are in addition to the school holidays. For further information contact the school directly.
- Monday 2 September 2013 to Friday 20 December 2013
- Half term: Monday 28 October 2013 to Friday 1 November 2013
- Christmas holiday: Monday 23 December 2013 to Wednesday 1 January 2014
- Thursday 2 January 2014 to Friday 4 April 2014
- Half term: Monday 17 February 2014 to Friday 21 February 2014
- Easter holiday: Monday 7 April 2014 to Monday 21 April 2014
- Tuesday 22 April 2014 to Wednesday 23 July 2014
- May day: Monday 5 May 2014
- Half term: Monday 26 May 2014 to Friday 30 May 2014
The above schedule sets out 198 days in total, providing a framework for schools from which five days should be selected as training days for teachers, set by headteachers in consultation with their staff.
The schedule also allows for the three occasional day holidays for pupils and staff to be set in consultation with each school’s governing body. In considering the dates of these three days, governing bodies should take account of the need to observe religious festivals other than Christmas and Easter. These should also be taken from within the 198 days specified in the schedule. Should the occasional days not be required for religious festivals it is recommended that they be added to the end of the summer term 2014
Please note that the total number of working days for teachers is 195 and for pupils is 190.
- 26 August 2013 (summer bank holiday)
- 25/26 December 2013 (Christmas day holiday)
- 1 January 2014 (new years day holiday)
- 18 April 2014 (Good Friday)
- 21 April 2014 (Easter Monday)
- 5 May 2014 (May day)
- 26 May 2014 (spring bank holiday)
For more information contact pupil support on (020) 8825 5566 or email email@example.com.
Pages in Term and holiday dates
- You are here: Academic year 2013/14
- Academic year 2014/15