The King's Coronation ceremony will take place on Saturday 6 May 2023.
You can apply to close a road for a street party over the bank holiday weekend (6-8 May) to celebrate the coronation of King Charles III. You can also ask for funding of up to £150 to help with your street party.
Before you start
The street party event must be on 6, 7 or 8 May between 10am-7pm.
The person applying must be a resident of Ealing borough.
We will ask you to:
- Agree to put barriers and signs up at the start and end of the closed road
- Confirm that you have informed affected residents and businesses
- Tell us how your street party will help bring people together who might not have been involved in recent street parties or community events.
The deadline for applications is 7 April.
You will need
- The date and time of the party or event
- Estimated attendance
- Whether or not you want to close a road or section of road, and its name
- If the road is part of a bus route or used by through traffic
- A list of any properties or businesses affected
- A list of any roads, properties and businesses affected
- Details of any objections.
If applying for the grant:
- Bank account number and sort code
- Bank statement to confirm bank details and your name and address (as proof of residency).
What happens next
We will review your application within 10 working days and let you know if you can hold a street party.
If you have applied for the grant, we will email you after 7 April to tell you how much money you will get.