Addressing the climate and ecological emergency is not a challenge the council can face alone. We need everyone to get involved. Supporting local climate action initiatives can be a great way to do your part for the planet.
There are many active groups operating across the borough that are working to support and inspire the community to improve the local environment and tackle the climate emergency. From community garden workshops, litter picking groups and sustainable fashion clothes-swaps, there’s a range of opportunities available to get involved in:
- Act For Ealing is a growing network of local people and organisations, set up with the support of the council, to inspire everyone to take action on tackling the climate crisis in their everyday lives.
- Let’s Go Southall is a group of community organisations, charities and volunteers working together to help get Southall more physically active. They run a range of free activities for Southall residents in green spaces to improve mental and physical wellbeing.
- Ealing Friends of the Earth takes action in the borough of Ealing for positive environmental solutions at a local, regional, national and international level. They organise street stalls, public meetings, visits to schools, film screenings and more.
- Ealing Wildlife Group is a local wildlife conservation organisation aiming to protect and educate about local wildlife and space for nature. Further details of upcoming volunteering opportunities can be found on their website.
- LAGER Can was founded in 2017 and their primary goal is to make the borough's open spaces cleaner and greener. Volunteers work to remove hundreds of bags of rubbish, recyclables and piles of unbaggable items from open spaces.
- MindFood run a series of courses and events to support people with depression, anxiety and stress to improve their wellbeing through gardening, mindfulness and creativity.
- Ealing Repair Café was set up to encourage people to value clothing and repair or alter their clothes rather than discarding them.
We want to know what you are doing to address climate change - in your home, school or business. To help shape Ealing’s response to the climate and ecological emergency, email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will find a way for you to get involved.