Apply for an exemption for a property where everyone is under 18 (Class S)

Households where everyone is under 18, do not have to pay council tax and can apply for an exemption. 

Before you start

If you are under 18 and get a council tax bill in your name, please apply for an exemption.

If you are a landlord and have let a property to tenants who you know to be under 18, you may also complete this form.

You will need

Please upload any documents that support your claim for an exemption. This should include photographic ID which proves your date of birth and a copy of your tenancy or occupancy agreement.

Uploading supporting documents

We may ask you to upload some documents.  

  • Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt)
  • Zip files cannot be uploaded
  • We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png
  • There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB

What happens next

We aim to give you an answer within 10 working days. Please check My Account for updates.

Start form