This consultation closed on 27 August 2019.
The development of the Elizabeth Line (Crossrail) was planned to increase the capacity of Ealing Broadway station and would result in a rise in passenger numbers. In order to safely and efficiently accommodate this expansion, various improvements to the site and its surroundings were needed.
This consultation was looking for views from station users, as well as those who use the local area, on a number of proposed highway and public realm improvements outside Ealing Broadway station and in the surrounding area. Full details about the proposals of this consultation can be found in the original consultation documents.
What you said
There were a total of 815 responses to this consultation with a majority of the fundamentals of the proposals supported by the majority of respondents. However, a number of concerns about aspects of the proposed design were raised and will be addressed in the detailed design phase of the project.
Details about all responses and the concerns raised can be found in the full consultation results report.
What happens next?
In summary, the following changes to the project will be made or considered as part of the detailed design phase, in response to the issues raised during this consultation:
- Ensure that new cycle parking along The Broadway at least matches existing temporary provision in Haven Green (60 stands), and ideally provides for increased demand
- Identify alternative location for Bus Stop F
- Identify permanent location for rail replacement bus stops, in immediate station vicinity
- Identify permanent location for rail replacement bus stands, near station area
- Carry out additional traffic flow analysis
- Retain the existing taxi rank configuration, and reconsider new signalised crossing to this area
- Consider retaining two southbound general traffic lanes
- Consider opportunities to provide additional loading space and/or drop off parking
Construction on the project is planned to start the second half of 2020.
If you have any questions please email: HighwayServices@ealing.gov.uk