Making a safeguarding alert

If you believe someone is at risk of being abused or exploited, or you know that they have or are being abused or exploited, you should make a safeguarding alert by:

To find out more, visit our safeguarding pages.

Social services will treat every reported incident of alleged abuse as urgent. If however you feel it is an emergency, you should contact the police by calling 999. In most instances the information you give will be treated as confidential, but information will be shared with other professionals where necessary.