The application period for warm spaces grant funding ended on 17 November 2022. No further applications will be processed.
A 'warm space' is a place where people can come and keep warm and connect with the local community. Organisations who want to create or improve a warm space can apply for a grant of up to £2,500.
The grant could be used to help organisations:
- Increase the use of their space
- Start up a new activity
- Pay for utility bills or for energy efficiency measures
- Provide food and drink
- Activities for the elderly, children and families
- Activities that support the wellbeing of their local community.
A warm spaces charter has been produced to help organisations promote their safe, clean and welcoming spaces. Whether or not you apply for the grant, by signing up to the charter we can add your warm space to the council’s warm space directory.
To register your warm space we will need details about your warm space, including the hours it will be open, what people can expect when they visit, the services available, transport routes etc.
- Grants can be used to support the opportunity to provide a warm space this winter, this includes but is not limited to energy bills, provision of free warm food/drinks and provide new events or activities
- Each space must be available for a minimum of four hours every week between November 2022 and March 2023
- Innovative applications that bring together partners to offer support for people in a respectful and practical way are welcomed
- Warm Spaces are expected to promote their activities via other local and community organisations - a list of local organisations can be found at the Do Something Good community support directory
- Multiple bids from varying organisations across our towns are welcomed. Groups are expected to coordinate their offer to avoid duplication and to ensure a spread of suitable warm spaces available across the borough
- The grant value is up to £1,000 for extending existing warm spaces provision. We can also consider applications for up to £2,500 for the creation of new warm spaces and/or where organisations collaborate to help a larger group of residents. To make sure an equitable spread across the borough and fair access to all residents, we may not support an otherwise eligible grant application on the grounds it considers the town already contains adequate provision.
- Take up figures will be requested at the end of March for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
The closing date is 5pm on 17 November 2022.
If you have any questions about the grants or application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org