Important update: Changes to visitor permits and cashless parking from 1 April
If you live in a controlled parking zone (CPZ) you can apply for vouchers to allow your visitors to park in permit holder bays during the restricted hours. Visitor vouchers must only be used by people who are visiting your property.
Vouchers are charged at 60p per hour, up to a maximum, flat rate, all day fee of £4.50.
Same-day visitor parking
Same-day visitor parking is only available by using our visitor park by phone service, operated for the council by RingGo. The parking information is stored electronically so there is no need to display a paper voucher in the vehicle.
Apply for paper vouchers online
In order to apply for paper vouchers online, you will need to register for an account. Please note, not all Controlled Parking Zones (CPZs) have paper voucher stock availability, therefore you may not see an option to buy paper visitor vouchers on your account. In this circumstance, you are advised to use vistor parking with pay by phone.
Online applications take up to ten working days to process.
Before you begin the application you will need to:
- register for an online account
- provide your name and address
- provide proof of residency
- have credit/debit card details available (MasterCard, Visa, Maestro or Electron)
If you apply for visitor vouchers you will be bound by our terms and conditions.
- Paper vouchers will be issued until current stock runs out. Residents will then be required to use the visitor park by phone service. If you are unable to apply for visitor vouchers online due to no paper vouchers being available, it means the vouchers for your zone have run out.
- Any visitor voucher displaying an expired year can still be used. When displaying a voucher with an expired year, please do not scratch the year or write the year on the voucher.