Children cycle training: Bikeability at schools
Ealing offers free cycle training at schools that show their commitment to active travel by working with the council's school travel team and achieving Transport for London's (TfL) STARS accreditation. The training takes place at the school's premises for Level 1 courses and on local roads for Level 2.
Find out which Ealing schools are currently STARS accredited
- Level 1 courses are available for children in years 3 and above and are for children that can ride a bike, but not with one hand.
- Level 2 courses are available for children in years 5 and above that are comfortable riding a bike with one hand.
For further information on STARS please contact email@example.com
Adult cycle training
Please note that adult cycle training is temporarily suspended owing to high demand and lower than expected funding levels. This page will be updated once we are able to reinstate this service.
- One-to-one sessions - These can take place at a convenient time and place to suit your needs.
- Adult group sessions - Held on Saturdays at Gunnersbury Park and Southall Park.
- Family sessions - For up to three people from the same household taking place at a time and location convenient to you.
Book a course
To find out more information about the sessions, or to book onto a session, please go to Ealing’s cycle training provider cyclinginstructor.com, or call 0845 652 0421.
Free online cycle skills course
Whether you are new to cycling or just want to brush up on your skills, TfL’s free online cycle skills course provides easy to follow tips and advice to get you going.
There are four short modules to try. If you complete all four modules, you’ll receive a unique 15% discount code so you can save on Halfords own-brand cycle lights, locks and helmets.
Improve your basic skills to feel more confident. In the course, you will learn:
- Tips to get you and your cycle prepared for the road
- How to start cycling on the road safely and responsibly
- Tips to brush up on your cycling skills
- How to cycle in a group with children.
Register for the cycle skills course
The council provides a free Dr Bike service where mechanics will carry out minor repairs on the spot and give advice on how to look after your bike to keep you riding all year round.
Dr Bike sessions will take place at the following times, dates and locations:
- Haven Green, 10am-1pm, Saturdays: 3 June
- Acton Market, 2-5pm, Saturdays: 3 June
- West Ealing Farmers Market, Uxbridge Road, 9am-12noon, Saturdays: 10 June
- Hanwell Clock Tower, 1-4pm, Saturdays: 10 June
- Northala Fields (Parkrun), Northala Fields Cafe, Kensington Road, 9am-12noon: 17 June
- Southall Manor House, 10am-1pm, Saturdays: 27 May, 24 June
- Southall Square, Outside Lidl, 2-5pm, Saturdays: 27 May, 24 June
If you would like to guarantee a slot for the Southall Manor House and Southall Square sessions, please email Lets Go Southall at firstname.lastname@example.org