Abandoned vehicles

We remove abandoned vehicles from public land. This could be any dumped car, van, lorry, motorbike, caravan, trailer or boat. 

If a vehicle is poorly parked or does not belong to a resident of the road, it does not mean it is abandoned. 

Report an abandoned vehicle

Landlords and managing agents

If you are a landlord or managing agent and a vehicle has been abandoned on your land, you should ask the DVLA for information about ownership of the vehicle (for a small fee) and contact the registered keeper. If there is no registered keeper or you are unable to contact them, please call us for advice on 020 8825 6000.

Stopping removal of a vehicle

If your vehicle has been issued with a removal notice you will need to present proof of ownership, a vehicle registration document and proof of identity to the council or simply move the vehicle.

If this is not given to us in the set time, the vehicle may be removed.

Abandoned bicycles

If you think a bike has been abandoned, please report it to us. 

Report an abandoned bicycle