The Design Review Panel is intended to provide additional expert advice to inform the planning process. The appointment of an independent panel is part of Ealing Council's process for ensuring effective testing of development proposals. The panel will also play an important role in furthering the council's commitment to securing high quality design which complements and enhances the boroughs townscape.
The panel is made up of 20 members who are leading professionals working at the highest level in their fields. They will provide a broad range of expertise including:
- Urban design/town planning
- Landscape/public realm
- Sustainability and low carbon design
- Inclusive design
- Transport infrastructure/transport planning.
The Panel is provided by Frame Projects and is funded independently of the council. Applicants are referred to the Panel by the council as an external service and fees are paid to Frame projects. If we refer an application to the Panel, the design of a proposal is assessed, and the Panel provides advice.
For further information, see Ealing Design Review Panel Terms of Reference.
Applicants are referred to the Design Review Panel by the council (case officer), as an external service and fees are paid by the applicant to Frame Projects for delivering this service.
Reports from the Design Review Panel relating to specific planning applications will be published alongside other documents related to that application, on our Planning applications page. Design Review reports will also be included in planning committee reports.
The costs of the Design Review Panel are:
- £4,500 + VAT formal review
- £2,500 + VAT chair's review
- £1,500 + VAT surgery review
During 2022. the Design Review Panel meetings are:
- 11 January - Cancelled
- 8 February - Cloister Corner
- 8 March - Sandringham Mews and The Broadway Connection
- 22 March - Twyford Abbey and Southall Park Avenue
- 12 April - Cloister Corner and Northolt Grange Community Centre
- 10 May - Sandringham Mews
- 14 June - North Acton public realm
- 12 July - Ealing Film Studios
- 9 August - Brook House, Gunnersbury Lane Acton
- 13 September - Middlesex Business Centre, Horn Lane
- 27 September - 99 to 113 Broadway West Ealing, Waitrose West Ealing
- 11 October - Brook House Gunnersbury Lane, 8-10 Greenock Road
- 8 November - Cancelled
- 6 December - Cancelled
- 13 December - West Ealing Waitrose
- 9 January - No submission
- 6 February - Northolt public realm