Our contact details
Name: London borough of Ealing
Address: Perceval House, 14-16 Uxbridge Road, Ealing, W5 2HL
Telephone: 020 8825 5000
The lawful basis on which we use this information Article 6(1)(e) of the UK GDPR - Public Task
Street naming and numbering is a (Public task) Statutory Duty as laid out in London Building Acts (Amendment) Act 1939 Part II, London Government Act 1963 Section 43(1) (a) & (2), London Government Order 1965 Article 3 (11) and Local Government Act 1985 Schedule 8 Section 14 (1) (a). The council collect personal information about you as part of our statutory undertaking to process the street naming and premises numbering to ensure conformity to current standards. The legal basis for this processing is naming and numbering of streets in accordance with the above Acts. Every new or converted premises must have an official address.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal information, including name address and contact details, as requested on the naming and numbering application
- Any other information provided during the naming and numbering application process.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for the following reason:
- The information is provided for the purpose of creating new addresses or amending existing addresses.
We may share this information with Royal Mail, the emergency services, GeoPlace, utility companies, etc.
Naming and numbering application details may be shared with other council departments to assist them in their statutory duties.
Other council departments may include council tax, electoral registration, local land charges, planning and building control.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored.
We keep naming and numbering applications for seven years.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: www.ico.org.uk