A temporary traffic regulations order (TTRO) is needed to limit traffic, for example close a road, turn ban, parking restrictions, bus lane suspension, close a footpath etc.
Before you start
TTROs are usually only given to utility companies or temporary structure licence holders. If you are not one of these, email NMTCustomerEnquiries@ealing.gov.uk for advice.
For planned works, you will need to apply a minimum of six weeks before the start date for the restrictions.
For an emergency TTRO (works to avoid danger to public or severe damage to highway), you will need to give a permit number. An emergency TTRO if for a maximum of 21 days and can be extended once, for 21 days more.
For an urgent TTRO (works that could not reasonably be predicted), you will need to give a permit number. An urgent TTRO lasts for a maximum of five days and cannot be extended.
You will need
- Site details
- Restriction type
- Traffic management company contact details
- Site supervisor contact details.
Uploading supporting documents
You will need to upload a traffic management plan.
- Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt)
- Zip files can't be uploaded
- We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png
- There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB.
What happens next
We will give you an answer within five working days. If approved, we will send you a link to pay for the order. The application will be on hold until you pay.
This form should take approximately six minutes to complete.