A temporary traffic regulations order (TTRO) is needed to limit traffic, for example close a road, turn ban, parking restrictions, bus lane suspension, close a footpath etc.
Before you start
TTROs are usually only given to utility companies or temporary structure licence holders. If you are not one of these, email NMTCustomerEnquiries@ealing.gov.uk for advice.
For planned works, you will need to apply a minimum of 8 weeks before the start date for the restrictions.
For an emergency TTRO (works to avoid danger to public or severe damage to highway), you will need to give a permit number. An emergency TTRO if for a maximum of 21 days and can be extended once, for 21 days more.
For an urgent TTRO (works that could not reasonably be predicted), you will need to give a permit number. An urgent TTRO lasts for a maximum of five days and cannot be extended.
You will need
- Site details
- Restriction type
- Traffic management company contact details
- Site supervisor contact details.
Uploading supporting documents
You will need to upload a traffic management plan.
- Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt)
- Zip files can't be uploaded
- We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png
- There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB.
What happens next
We will give you an answer within five working days. If approved, we will send you a link to pay for the order. The application will be on hold until you pay.
This form should take approximately 6 minutes to complete.