Noise nuisance

Problems we investigate

We will investigate complaints of excessive noise relating to residential and commercial premises. 

Typically this includes:

  • loud amplified music from a residential property
  • unreasonable voice levels from a residential property
  • noise from entertainment premises such as pubs, bars and clubs
  • noise from other commercial classed properties which could be caused by industrial machinery
  • construction noise - residential or commercial.

We are not able to investigate:

  • complaints about noise caused by poor sound insulation between properties caused by activity such as young children playing, creaking floor boards and normal everyday living noises - you can get help resolving these issues with your neighbour through Ealing Mediation Service
  • anonymous complaints - as personal details are not shared we encourage anyone affected by noise to make a named complaint.

Southall odours

We will also investigate concerns over odours in Southall

Residents are asked to report odour at the time of smelling it using either the Odour Collect App or by emailing, both of which notify when an odour is reported so action can be taken promptly.

Residents can also call 07971 988907 and leave a message between 8am-4pm Monday-Friday, but for prompt action it is best to report via the app or email.

Outside of the core hours of 8am-4pm Monday-Friday, residents can also report through the out of hours reporting line on 020 8825 8111.