There are various sources of funding available to help clubs and aspiring individuals achieve their sporting goals.
National funding schemes
The Sport England website provides information for both individuals and organisations about national funding agencies as well as funding from Sport England itself.
The Big Lottery Fund
This Fund brings together the work of two National Lottery distributors: the Community Fund, which provides funding for charities and the voluntary and community sectors, and the New Opportunities Fund, which provides funding for health, education and environment projects. The Big Lottery Fund has a number of funding strands available to sports clubs and community groups with projects which meet the funding criteria.
Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme
This scheme supports potential future Olympic athletes. It is targeted at around 100 young sportspeople who have the potential to be a medallist at future winter and summer Olympiads and international sporting competitions. Most stars of the future are known by their national governing bodies and already receive support to develop in their sport - it is therefore these bodies are in the best position to identify athletes that meet the criteria.
Local funding schemes
Information about sources of funding and council grant aid, including grant aid application pack and advice on how to apply.
Jack Petchey Foundation
The Jack Petchey Foundation gives grants to programmes and projects that benefit young people aged 11-25. The foundation is eager to help young people take advantage of opportunities and play a full part in society.
GLL Sport Foundation
Athlete support programme for talented young athletes
Ealing Council in partnership with one of the UKs largest independent athlete support programmes, the GLL Sport Foundation, are providing athletes across Ealing with support.
The GLL Sport Foundation is designed to assist young talented athletes achieve their full sporting potential by reducing the financial burden of associated sporting costs, and widening the opportunity and access to sporting excellence.
What we provide athletes with:
- financial training grants
- training memberships enabling wider venue access for athlete training programmes across GLL and partners' operated venues
- support opportunities targeted towards sports science, performance sport and coaching and employment
How to apply
- Athletes can apply online at www.gllsportfoundation.org
- Awards are provided annually from April - April, with the application period open from December - February
- Full award levels is provided on the GLL Sport Foundation website
Who is eligible
- athletes competing within Olympic, Paralympic, Deaflympic and Special Olympic sporting disciplines
- athletes competing from regional to Olympic and Paralympic levels
- athletes that live or are educated where GLL and partners operate venues; or affiliated to a sports club that has a training base at a GLL and partner operated venue
View the full awards criteria on the GLL Sport Foundation website
For more information:
- Website: www.gllsportfoundation.org
- Twitter - @gllsf