Volunteering in sport
It is widely recognised that British sport is built on the hard work and dedication of volunteers.
If you are new to volunteering, go to Sport England's volunteers page which will give you ideas about how to volunteer. On a local level, you may wish to contact the Ealing Community and Voluntary Service or look at Ealing Council's community grants webpage, which has links to volunteering organisations.
Ealing Volunteer Centre
Ealing Volunteer Centre (EVC) is part of Ealing Community and Voluntary Service (ECVS), which is the umbrella support organisation for voluntary organisations in the borough of Ealing.
ECVS provide a wide range of support services for local organisations, including:
- funding advice
- training courses
- help with recruiting volunteers
- support for health and social care groups
- group development (including model policy documents)
- community regeneration
- admin services (eg mailings)
- an information and resource library
- advice on organisations and companies offering discounts to local groups
- updates on national voluntary sector issues (such as Change Up)
- latest local voluntary sector news