The leisure pass offers discounts of up to 50% for adults and 33% for young people on leisure activities in the borough.
Pass holders will be entitled to discounts on sports courses, sessions and activities at any of the sports and leisure centres. Discounts are also available at public golf courses in the borough , and Will to Win tennis in Pitshanger Park.
The borough's libraries offer discounts to pass holders on DVDs, compact discs, talking books and language course hire and a concessionary rate on book reservation charges.
To be eligible you must fall into one of the following categories and live within the borough (senior citizens do not have to live in the borough). You will need to provide proof of address and one other document to prove your benefit. All documents provided must be dated within the last year.
- Senior citizen (aged 60 years and over)
Proof required: Freedom pass, passport or birth certificate.
- Receiving unemployment benefit (six-month pass only)
Proof required: Jobcentre Plus letter and proof of residence
- Employment and support allowance
Proof required: A letter from the DWP stating your benefit entitlement, or your disability freedom pass. Proof of residence is also required.
- Receiving income support
Proof required: Bring a relevant letter from DWP or Jobcentre Plus stating your allowance. Proof of residence is also required.
- Adult dependants of leisure pass holders (spouses/partners only)
Apply together providing proof that you both live at the same address.
- Full–time students
Proof required: NUS card (showing full time student status) and proof of residence.
- Live in the borough of Ealing
- Bring a letter stating they are in receipt of carers allowance from the Department for Work and Pensions.
- Or, provide a letter from the adult and social care department at Ealing Council to confirm their role as a carer.
- Fostered and looked after children, foster parents/carers and their children, and care leavers 16 or older registered with the borough of Ealing will be eligible (from 8 April 2019)
- Foster parents/carers must apply or be in receipt of a leisure pass for a looked after child and their children to qualify, these applications can all be completed at the same time
- To confirm eligibility, you must have a letter stating you are registered as foster parent/carer, or a looked after child, from Ealing Council
- You may live outside the borough
- Care leavers 16 years or older will also need to produce a letter from Ealing Council confirming you are a care leaver. You can live outside the borough.
Junior leisure pass
The junior leisure pass is available to children (aged under 16 years) of adult leisure pass holders. An application for a junior pass must be made by the adult pass holder in person. You will need to present your current leisure pass with your child benefit/Child Tax Credit letter. If you are unable to present this documentation and feel that your child qualifies contact Active Ealing on (020) 8825 6161 for advice on other documents which are accepted. Applications without child benefit documentation must be made at Perceval House, Ealing.
How to apply
SLM (Everyone Active), the council’s leisure partner, has taken over the administration and management of the leisure pass scheme (formerly managed by the council).
There's no changes to the benefits to customers who purchase the leisure pass or to where it can be used to get discounts.
Leisure pass cards can only be purchased at facilities managed by Everyone Active as detailed below.
Take the form, with one passport sized photograph and proof of address and eligibility, to any of the centres detailed below.
How to renew a leisure pass: Please download and complete the form (as above) and together with your existing leisure pass and proof of eligibility take to any of the centres detailed below.
As opening hours vary by venue, please check the sports centre pages for opening hours and contact details.
You will receive your leisure pass at the time of application.
All applications must be made in person (junior applicants do not need to be present).
- £5.35 - one year adult pass
- £4 - six month adult pass (for those receiving unemployment benefit only)
- £2.70 - junior leisure pass
A fee of £2 will be charged to replace a lost pass (you will need to bring another photograph).
Discounts do not apply to the following:
- group or team games (unless all participants are leisure pass holders)
- block bookings of sports halls
All discounts are at the discretion of the manager or proprietor and should be for the leisure pass holder only.