A mutual exchange is when you permanently swap your council home with another tenant. Complete this form if you have found a tenant you want to exchange homes with.
Before you start
This form must be completed by the tenant. If you are exchanging with another Ealing Council tenant, you must both complete separate forms.
Do not complete this form:
- If you are interested in a mutual exchange but have not found an exchange partner yet. Please register on one of the exchange websites. Find out more about how to exchange homes.
You will need
- Your 13-digit rent account number
- Tenancy start date.
From the person you are exchanging with:
- Their name and address
- Their landlord
- Property details; Type of property, number of bedrooms, which floor (for flats).
Uploading supporting documents
We may ask you to upload some documents.
- Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt)
- Zip files can't be uploaded
- We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png
- There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB.
What happens next
We will contact the landlord of your proposed exchange partner and arrange for a surveyor to visit you to inspect your property.
We will send you a letter or email within 42 days, to let you know whether you can exchange homes. You must not move until you get a decision from us and have signed your new tenancy papers.
This form should take approximately six minutes to complete.