Affordable warmth and seasonal weather advice
As part of our COVID-19 response, Healthy Homes Ealing offers free and impartial advice to all Ealing residents to help you save money, stay comfortable year-round, and improve the energy efficiency and safety of your home.
Call Healthy Homes Ealing at 0800 083 2265 for advice on how to stay cool in summer and warm in winter, plan energy efficiency works, conserve energy, and save money on your fuel costs.
You can make a self-referral and request a free consultation from our Green Doctors, or alternatively complete the Healthy Homes Ealing referral form to make a referral on behalf of someone else.
Energy Saving Trust
The Energy Saving Trust website offers free advice on:
- information about grants and offers available for insulation and other home energy improvements
- guidance on energy efficiency measures
- how to find local professional installers
- how to source energy efficient appliances and low energy lighting
- how to decrease waste contributions to landfill and save money
- information on micro-generation technologies, feed-in tariffs (FIT) and the renewable heat incentive (RHI)
- how to green your personal transport and save money.
Simple Energy Advice
Simple Energy Advice was developed in conjunction with the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and offers impartial and independent advice to help you:
- Reduce your energy bills
- Make your home warmer
- Plan home improvements, including information on grants and schemes
- Make your home greener.
For more information contact:
Telephone: 0800 444202 (Monday to Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday to Sunday 9am-5pm)
Citizens Advice Consumer Service
Contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Service for advice and information on:
- different energy tariffs
- the latest gas and electricity prices
- grants and schemes available
- how to switch supplier and get the best energy deal, where to go if you have a complaint about your energy supplier
- if you are having trouble paying your energy bills
- any free services or benefits you could be entitled to.
Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
This is the government department responsible for supporting all households to save energy, money and carbon emissions. They offer advice on how to get help with your fuel bills and keeping warm. For more information visit the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) website.