Tell us about a change of address or register for council tax

If you are responsible for paying council tax, let us know straight away if you are moving, so you pay the right amount. There is a legal requirement to tell us within 21 days.

Register for council tax if you are moving to Ealing

Register for council tax if you are moving into the borough from another area. Tell us straight away so you will have more time to pay your bill. We charge you from the date you move in to your new home. You should also tell your old council when you are moving so they get your bill right.

Moving in form

If you are moving within Ealing or moving out of Ealing

If you were responsible for council tax at your old address and are moving within Ealing, register for council tax at your new address and close your old account. When you have notified us, we will send you a bill showing how much you need to pay for your old address and a bill showing the instalments due for your new address. If your account is in credit we will transfer this amount to your new account.

Tell us if you are moving out of Ealing. We will calculate your account up to the date you sell your property or the date your tenancy ends. We will ask you to confirm whether your property is furnished or unfurnished during any unoccupied period. You will also need to tell your new council that you have moved.

Moving within or out of Ealing form

A tenant has moved

You can also tell us about a change of tenant if you are a landlord or letting agent.

Tenant has moved form