The council is only responsible for insuring the structure of your home and does not insure contents. You are responsible for any loss or damage to your belongings, such as furniture or decorations, through theft, fire, flooding, vandalism or accident. If you are not properly insured, contact a reputable insurance company for details of their schemes. We strongly recommend that you take out your own home contents insurance.

Ealing Council offers household contents insurance through a special scheme with Aviva Insurance.

Find out more and apply for home contents insurance