Apply for right of first refusal
When you sell your home within 10 years of buying it through right to buy, you must first offer it to the council.
Before you start
Do not complete this form if:
- You bought your home more than 10 years ago
- You bought your home on the open market.
You will need
- Property address
- Contact telephone number
- Email address
- Details of any home improvements or structural changes
- Consent of all owners.
Uploading supporting documents
We may ask you to upload some documents.
- Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt)
- Zip files can't be uploaded
- We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png
- There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB.
What happens next
We will send you a right of first refusal offer notice to complete within 10 working days. We will tell you within eight weeks of the date of the offer notice, if we want to buy your home, nominate another social landlord or turn down the offer.
This form should take approximately five minutes to complete.