Freeholds and leases

Apply to extend the lease or buy the freehold

You can ask us to extend your lease by adding 90 years to the time left on your existing lease. In some cases, you and the other leaseholders in your building may be able to buy the freehold of the building. 

You can use this form to ask for more information about the options or to formally start a process.

You would normally get help from a solicitor to extend the lease or buy the freehold.

Before you start

You should only complete this form if you are the leaseholder or the legal representative. 

If you want to extend the lease, you, or your client, must have owned the lease for at least two years.

You will need

  • Service charge account number 
  • Property address
  • Email address  
  • Contact telephone number.

To begin the process formally, you will also need:

  • A completed 'Section 42 notice', to extend the lease
  • A letter signed by all leaseholders, to buy the freehold under the option in your lease
  • A completed 'Section 13' notice, to buy the freehold under the collective enfranchisement process.

Uploading supporting documents

We may ask you to upload some documents. For example, the completed 'Section 42 notice'.

  • Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt) 
  • Zip files can't be uploaded 
  • We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png  
  • There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB. 

What happens next

We will send you a letter within 10 working days with information about the costs and process.

This form should take approximately five minutes to complete.

Start form