Alterations to your property

Apply for landlord’s consent for building works

Complete this form if you are a leaseholder and want to ask for permission to carry out building work on your council property. This is called landlord's consent.  

Before you start

Only complete this form if you:

  • Are the owner of the leasehold property 
  • Have checked and applied for planning permission or building control approval, if needed. 

You will need

  • Service charge account number 
  • Property address
  • Contact telephone number
  • Credit and debit card to pay the administration fee
  • Scaled plans showing existing and proposed layout for structural changes
  • Photos or supporting documents.

Uploading supporting documents

We may ask you to upload some documents. For example, plans of any structural changes, gas safe certificate, planning permission, building control approval, FENSA certificate.

  •  Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt) 
  • Zip files can't be uploaded 
  • We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png  
  • There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB.

What happens next

We will send you a letter within 10 working days, explaining the process you will need to follow to get landlord’s consent.

This form should take approximately five minutes to complete.

Start form