Major works

Apply for a major works loan

Complete this form to apply for a statutory loan, discretionary loan, voluntary charge or voluntary charge plus for major works.

Before you start

Do not complete this form if you are subletting your property. You should only apply if you are the homeowner and live at the property.  

You will need

  • Major works account number 
  • Invoice reference, scheme number and description of works
  • Mortgage details
  • Major works application form
  • Financial commitment details, such as maintenance, credit or loan payments 
  • Income and employment details, including evidence of income such as wages slips, audited accounts or proof of benefits
  • Two letters of refusal from high street lenders.

Uploading supporting documents

We may ask you to upload some documents. For example, two loan refusals and proof of income or benefits.

  • Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt) 
  • Zip files can't be uploaded 
  • We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png  
  • There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB. 

What happens next

We will let you know within 10 working days whether your application has been accepted or rejected or if we need more information from you. 

If your application has been accepted, our legal department will send you a loan deed within two weeks. You will need to sign this and send it back to them. Our legal department will then register the charge with Land Registry. We will then set the loan account up with the council’s provider LAMAC, within 10 working days. 

This form should take approximately 10 minutes to complete.

Start form