Complete this form if you have bought a new-build home from the council within the last 12 months and want to report a problem inside the home or in the communal area.
Before you start
Do not complete this form if:
- The sale of your new-build home took place more than 12 months ago
- You have a problem with an appliance (you will need to contact the manufacturer to arrange a repair).
You will need
- The address of the new-build home
- Details of the defect (please give as much information as possible, about what the problem is and where it is)
- Any relevant photos or documents.
Uploading supporting documents
We may ask you to upload some documents. For example, photos of the defect.
- Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt)
- Zip files can't be uploaded
- We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png
- There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB.
What happens next
We will write to you within 10 working days to let you know that we have raised a defects works order and passed this to the contractor. The contractor will then contact you to book an appointment.
This form should take approximately five minutes to complete.