Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant - privacy notice

Who will own my data once I apply for a grant?

Ealing Council (the billing authority).

Why do you need my information?

The council requires this information to assess your application so that we can:

  • Ensure your business is eligible for financial support
  • Confirm account validity
  • Confirm your identity
  • Make payments of the grant awards
  • Send reports to government departments
  • Detect and prevent fraud and error; and
  • Make sure public money is used correctly.

What allows you to use my information?

The Data Protection Act 2018 and The General Data Protection Regulations in accordance with  Article 6 (1) (e) - for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller.

Who will my information be shared with?

For assurance, fraud prevention, audit and government reporting purposes your data will be shared with the following:

  • The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS). Please see BEIS privacy policy in relation to COVID-19 business support grant schemes.
  • Other government departments and public bodies
  • Credit reference agencies and counter-fraud tools such as the National Fraud Initiative, National Anti-Fraud Network
  • Council teams so they can carry out their statutory roles
  • Data processors appointed by the council.

How long will you keep this data for?

Data will not be retained for longer than necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected. There is usually a legal reason for keeping your information for a set period of time,e.g. data for the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant is kept for up to 10 years.

How will my information be stored?

Data is stored in the council’s IT systems and any appointed third-party systems. The council takes data control seriously and has internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed and is not accessed except by its employees or appointed data processors in the performance of their duties.

What rights do I have when it comes to my data?

You have the right under the Data Protection Act 2018 to request a copy of your information and to know what it is used for and how it has been shared.

If you are unhappy how data is used

You can complain directly to the council’s data protection team by writing to:

Data protection officer
Ealing Council
Perceval House
14-16 Uxbridge Road
3rd Floor NE
Ealing W5 2HL


For further information please read Ealing Council’s privacy notice.