Ealing Children's Integrated Response Service (ECIRS) was created to make it easier for children and families to get the help they need from professionals and others working within the borough.
It is the single point of contact to make referrals into children's services where there is a need for support, or where there are specific concerns about the welfare of a child or young person. It is also the contact for families wishing to self-refer to Supportive Action for Families in Ealing (SAFE).
ECIRS is a multi-agency team made up of social workers, police, health professionals and others. Therefore, by referring to the team, you are consenting to relevant information being shared between these agencies unless otherwise stated. This is known as Ealing Multi-agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH).
If you are concerned about a child or young person's welfare or safety call the service on 020 8825 8000.
When should I call the team?
There are many situations where you may find it useful to call us whether you are a parent, member of the public or in a profession working with the family. For example if you are:
- concerned that a child or young person may be at risk of harm
- worried about a child's behaviour, social and emotional wellbeing or want some parenting support
- wanting information or advice about difficult parenting issues such as drug and alcohol use or mental health issues
- experiencing verbal or physical abuse from a partner or family member.
If you have low level concerns and do not feel you need to speak to a social worker, have you considered whether an Early Help Assessment and Plan (EHAP) would be able to help? If so, please call the Family Information Service on 020 8825 5588.
What happens when I call?
You will be put through to a member of the team to discuss your concerns. You may be given information and support or:
- we may work with you for a short time in order to ensure that we can direct you to other services to meet your needs
- we may refer you onto other services in order to ensure you receive the support that you need
- if we are concerned that a child or young person is at risk of immediate harm, we will speak to a social worker to make sure that immediate action is taken.
For further details about how information on children and families is managed by ECIRS and partner agencies please read the fair processing notice - privacy statement.