All local authorities in the UK are required to publish information about education, health and social care services available in their area for children and young people (0 - 25 years old) who have special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND). This is called the ‘Local Offer’.
The Local Offer:
- gives information about education, health and family support services
- gives information about leisure activities and support groups
- makes service provision more responsive to local needs and aspiration
- will be developed and reviewed with service users and service providers
The Local Offer is for:
- children and young people with SEN and/or disabilities (SEND) from 0-25 years
- parents and carers
- practitioners and professionals
Building My Future Programme
BMF offers early help and support to young people aged 11- 25yrs, families and the schools and colleges they attend.
BMF’s multi-disciplinary team includes clinical and educational psychologists, social workers, occupational and speech and language therapists, youth workers and a dietician is available. Ealing Youth & Connexions and Youth Offending Services and wider community organisations also support the work of the BMF team.
If you want to learn more, please contact Michael Nolan, BMF Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.