Who can apply for an apprenticeship?
To be eligible for the Ealing Council apprenticeship programme, you must:
- be aged over 16 years of age
- hold a British or European passport or have indefinite leave to remain in the UK
- Fulfil one of the following:
a). You are a resident in the London Borough of Ealing (proof of residency will be checked) or
b). You currently attend a school in the London Borough of Ealing, or have valid GCSEs obtained at an Ealing school (certificates are valid for three years and will be checked) or
c). You currently attend a college in the London Borough of Ealing (college registration will be checked)
- Not have previously undertaken an apprenticeship as part of the Ealing council apprenticeship scheme
- Under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 you must disclose any spent or unspent cautions or convictions. There are some service areas that will not be able to consider applications where there are spent or unspent cautions or convictions, however, many of these apprenticeship placements can be considered, only if these are declared as part of your application
You can apply to all our listed level 2 apprenticeships with *no qualifications, A levels and up to a level 4 qualification unless specifically stated on the role profile.
You cannot apply if you have already completed at minimum one year of a degree or above.
Apprenticeship funding rules also state that an apprenticeship cannot be in the same skills area if you already possess an equivalent qualification; it must be at a level higher than already attained. However, you can apply to do an apprenticeship in a new skills area.
For example if you have studied, level 2 media studies then you can apply for level 2 business administration
*(Please note that applicants with no proof of GCSE math and English at grade C or 4 will need to pass a diagnostics to be considered)
If you have any questions you can contact the apprenticeship team on email@example.com