Empty property grants
Does your empty property need repairing before you can make it available to rent? If so, you may qualify for an empty property grant.
We offer the following grants:
- 100% of the cost of the works up to £30,000 at affordable rent, if empty six months or more
- 100% of cost of works up to £25,000, if empty six months or more
- 100% of cost of works up to £5000, if empty less than six month
All grants are awarded on a discretionary basis and are subject to availability.
Grants are given to improve dwellings, houses in multiple occupation or conversion of larger houses into flats.
- disrepair or structural issues
- damp and mould growth
- electrical rewiring
- thermal upgrading such as windows
- boiler work and insulation
- improvement to kitchens or bathrooms
To qualify for a grant you must own the freehold or leasehold, or have power of attorney to act on behalf of the owner.
What are the conditions?
- When the works are complete the property must be let to the council for five years
- The property must conform to all planning and building control regulations
- Registered builders must carry out the works
- Works cannot start before the grant is approved
- Works must complete within 12 months of grant approval
Who will manage my property?
A housing association will manage the property or you may manage the property yourself by becoming an accredited landlord. Call 020 7974 1970 or see www.londonlandlords.org.uk for more details.
How do I apply for a grant?
For more information please contact the Empty Property Team, email EmptyPropertiesTeam@ealing.gov.uk or call (020) 8825 6229 / 9482.