Community transport aims to provide accessible and affordable transport for local people who have difficulty using public transport.
Ealing Community Transport (ECT) run a range of services for the a local community.
Help for individuals
- The PlusBus service is available to people who cannot use public transport. Unlike Dial-a-Ride, this is a chargeable service, but it does provide extra choice for those who may be struggling to access transport.
- The Sure Start PlusBus service provides specific help for those already accessing support from Sure Start, and it is aimed at making it easier to get to health appointments, childrens activities etc.
- The Willow Tree PlusBus service offers dedicated journeys, mostly for shopping and leisure purposes, from the Islip Manor area.
- ECT also operates a number of vehicles on Dial-a-Ride routes, on behalf of Transport for London. ll the planning and administration is handled by TfL, and information is available from 020 7309 8900
Good for groups
- The Group Transport service (grant aided by Ealing Council) is open to any not-for-profit organisation (for example charitable and voluntary organisations, luncheon clubs, churches, and the like as well as schools and social groups at residential homes, etc). Groups can book a minibus for their own exclusive use. A professional ECT driver can be provided, or a group can nominate a volunteer to drive the journey. Regular bookings can be offered.
- ECT's driver training scheme provides professional training to the nationally-recognised MiDAS standard, so people can volunteer to drive for particular groups.
Getting in touch
Contact ECT on 020 8813 3210, between 9am and 5:30pm on weekdays (not bank holidays).
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org