The Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Achievement Service (GRTAS), advises and supports schools and other agencies concerned with the inclusion of the Traveller community in all levels of education within the borough. The service develops access to education and raises standards of achievement against targets set in education development plans. Strategies and resources to assist Traveller access to the National Curriculum are developed in a context of equal opportunity and principles of anti-racism and inter-cultural education are considered.
Some of the services they provide are:
- community liaison and family support
- development of members of the Traveller community to work in schools as deliverers of education services, and in other agencies as appropriate
- pupil counselling and profiling as part of pastoral care programme
- allocation of peripatetic teacher/assistant time on an agreed basis
- management of the Traveller Education Centre as an educational access point for Traveller families.
'Cornucopia', Spikes Bridge Road, Southall, Middlesex UB1 2AS
Tel: 020 8813 9715
Fax: 020 8813 8531