The council welcomes petitions and recognises that petitions are one way in which people can let us know their concerns.
As well as being considered under this scheme petitions can also be presented to a meeting of the Council in accordance with the Council and Committee Procedure Rules (para 9). In certain circumstances the petition will also trigger a council debate and if this is the case we will let you know whether the debate will take place at the same Council meeting as the petition is presented or at a later meeting.
Pages in Petition scheme
- You are here: Introduction
- Guidelines for submitting a petition
- Sending your petition
- What will the council do when it receives my petition?
- How will the council respond to petitions?
- Petitions for debate
- Petitions holding an officer to account
- What can I do if I feel my petition has not been dealt with properly?