However, there are some simple steps you can take to reduce how much you use and possibly save money on your water bill at the same time.
Simple changes to help save water:
- Reuse your paddling pool water: Don’t tip the water away – there are lots of other uses for it. Why not clean your car, water the plants or even wash the dog?
- Let your lawn grow longer: Lawns are tough, so allowing the grass to go brown is one of the easiest ways to save water.
- Swap a hose or sprinkler for a watering can: You will only use a fraction as much water, especially if you water your plants at the roots.
- Don’t water plants during the day: Dusk or dawn are much better times to use your watering can, as you’ll lose less water through evaporation.
- Clean your car with a bucket and sponge: Hang up the hose and keep your vehicle clean while helping ease demand.
Enjoy the warm weather, and stay safe in the sun.