General household collection services will remain suspended for today (Friday 2 March). However, waste and recycling is being collected as scheduled from flats above shops where gritting has taken place and from homes along red routes.
If your waste and recycling was not collected as scheduled this week on Wednesday 28 February, Thursday 1 March or today please leave your black bins out this weekend at the edge of your property, as every effort will be made to clear the backlog where it is safe to do so. Food waste and recycling will be collected early next week (Monday and Tuesday). At this stage we do not expect next week’s scheduled collections to be impacted.
We apologise for the inconvenience of the last few days and thank all residents affected for their patience and understanding.
Other work that is ongoing includes:
- Gritting of all primary and secondary routes took place yesterday evening, finishing after midnight. From 9.30am this morning work will begin to re-grit all primary and secondary routes, to avoid rush hour traffic.
- Gritting continues on primary footways and street cleaning are supporting gritting activity
- Commercial waste is being collected as normal from town centres and secondary shopping areas where gritting has taken place.
- Litter bins are being emptied and flytipping removed from town centres and secondary shopping areas
- Household waste recycling centres are open.
Community centres are open as normal. Two libraries (Acton & Greenford) and day care facilities in the borough remain closed and will look to reopen on Monday. Currently, 70 schools have notified the council that they will be closed today. Parents and carers are advised to contact their child’s school for an update.