The GBSC is a national scheme that supports local clean-ups. It gives residents the perfect chance to take responsibility and do something great for their streets and community spaces.
Events taking place across the borough as part of the GBSP include:
• Community Orchard Planting Day and clean-up at Southall Recreation Ground. Saturday, 4 March, 10am - 3pm.
• Ranger led litter pick at Brent Lodge Park. Saturday, 4 March, 9am-1pm.
• Clean up of River Brent at Pitshanger Park. Sunday, 5 March, 11am - 1.30pm (meet at the bandstand, next to the Will to Win café).
• Litter picking at South Ealing Station with ward councillors and volunteers. Saturday, 11 March, from 10am.
• Litter picking at Northfields Station with ward councillors and volunteers. Saturday, 11 March, from 12pm.
• Litter picking at Boston Manor Station with ward councillors and volunteers. Saturday, 11 March from 2.30pm.
• Canal clean up at The Grand Southall, heading eastwards along The Common. Saturday. 4 March, 10am-3pm.
• Mill Hill Gardens RA clean up at Armenian Information and Advice. Sunday, 5 March, from 10.30am (meet at 105a Mill Hill Road Acton W3 8JF).
There’s no need to book for the GBSC events - just turn up and get involved on the day.
Cllr Bassam Mahfouz, cabinet member for transport, environment and leisure said: “The Great British Spring Clean is a great opportunity for everyone to get involved and to keep their local area looking its best.
“The GBSC will see residents rolling up their sleeves, taking pride in their neighbourhood and doing their bit alongside the council. I’d like to thank those involved for their hard work.
“The council is committed to keeping the borough’s streets and parks clean and litter free. We also crack down on illegal and irresponsible fly-tipping, and deal out hefty fines to anyone making a mess on our streets.”
For further information about GBSC events in the borough, visit www.ealing.gov.uk/springclean