Guidance on shielding

Money and jobs

Government advice is that people shielding should work from home where possible. 

If you can continue to work from home, the Government has asked employers to support this. ACAS (Advice Conciliation and Arbitration Service) has advice on their website on working safely during coronavirus.

If you cannot work from home, you are advised not to go to work and you may be eligible for Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) or Employment Support Allowance (ESA).

We have published advice on money, debt and benefits, including hardship support for residents. If you are struggling financially because of COVID-19, you are not alone. Help and advice is available. 

WorkWest has careers advice, information on adult learning opportunities and guidance on apprenticeships.