The council are advising residents to be aware of, and to take precautions against possible cybersecurity and fraud scams during the current coronavirus crisis.
The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) have provided advice on how to stay secure online.
Keep yourself and your family secure by following this advice.
You can report any scam emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
Practical ways to protect against attacks:
- Top tips for staying secure online
- Guidance on using video-conferencing services
- Practical advice for individuals and organisations on dealing with malicious cyber activity
- Home working: preparing your organisation and staff
- Phishing attacks: defending your organisation
- Phishing attacks: dealing with suspicious emails and messages
- Phishing: How to report to the NCSC
- Take Five Anti-Fraud Campaign
Stay home. Stay connected. Stay cyber aware.