Love Ealing, Love Local toolkit
The ‘Love Ealing, Love Local’ campaign is about celebrating Ealing’s high streets and local businesses. We are encouraging people to continue to show their support for local businesses including shops, eateries, hairdressers and other great businesses that shape our high streets. This in turn supports the local economy, local jobs, and the character of our local communities.
How to get involved:
No one is better placed than local businesses to explain what’s special about shopping locally and why choosing to support local businesses is important. You are experts at what you do and uniquely placed to share what your business has to offer to customers that they cannot get elsewhere. Or to explain what makes your customer experience unique and different to what they get online or in central London. Help us spark enthusiasm and conversations about the benefits in your area.
We’d love it if you could:
- Celebrate being back in business by taking photos of your "new normal", share what is unique about your business, or what you love about Ealing and the local area using the #LoveEalingLoveLocal hashtag. The more personalised to your area the better.
- Post photos, gifs, videos, boomerangs etc, to show how you have made your business safe through imagery. Show your staff and customers wearing face coverings, using hand gel or socially distanced people. Don’t forget to tag us @EalingCouncil so we can look out for your messages and repost where appropriate. Other social media handles are below.
- Download our free campaign materials and display our poster in your window.
- Remember to tag your posts using #LoveEalingLoveLocal
- Share this toolkit with other businesses in your area to help them do the same.
Example posts for businesses:
- By shopping here, you are supporting the community – we employ x number of local staff and use local suppliers too! #LoveEalingLoveLocal
- Our products are locally grown/sourced - contact us for personal recommendations - pop in store to find out more. #LoveEalingLoveLocal
- Our customers #ShopLocal because we all know each other so well – we’ve been here for x years and have helped customers from multiple generations. We can help everyone from kids to teenagers to parents to grannies #LoveEalingLoveLocal
- We’re a brand new business and chose Ealing because of XXX. We’re really excited about bringing something this area’s never seen before. It’s great to be part of #LoveEalingLoveLocal
- We’ve done a lot to keep our business safe, including hand sanitiser, signs, one-way systems and extra cleaning - and we are ready for the summer – pop down the road to see our new stock today #LoveEalingLoveLocal
Social media resources
Use the social media templates below (see what they look like first) to change your profile picture on Facebook and create your own social posts to support our campaign
- Download the social media image frame with logo, or with personalisation space - (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Download the blank Love Ealing social card for personalised social posts
- Click to change your profile frame on Facebook
- Download the 'How to' guide for instructions on using the social media resources
Our social media handles
When you are posting your own content, please always use #LoveEalingLoveLocal and tag us so we can find your content.
The Love Ealing campaign is supported with £601,518 of funding as part of the Reopening High Streets Safely Fund and the Welcome Back Fund from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government and the Greater London Authority is the Managing Authority for European Regional Development Fund. Established by the European Union, the European Regional Development Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, create jobs and local community regenerations.