It is important we travel safely during the coronavirus pandemic.
Try to avoid public transport and instead and walk or cycle, keeping to the social distancing two metre rule where possible.
If you must use public transport, avoid the busiest times between 5.45-8.15am and 4-5.30pm.
If you choose to drive, please make sure you drive safely within the speed limit and give cyclists and other road users a minimum of two metres when passing.
The government has encouraged people to exercise for their health, fitness and well-being.
Bike shops are open
Ealing's bicycle shops:
- Bicycle Repair Station, 2a Goldsmith Road, Acton, W3 6PX
- Bicycle Repair Shop, 17 The Vale, Uxbridge Road, W3 7SH
- Decathlon, Ealing Broadway Shopping Centre, W5 5JY
- Halfords, 68-69 The Mall, W5 5LS
- Halfords, Quill Street, Hanger Lane, W5 1DP
- London Bike Hub, Greenford Park Residents Association Hall, Queens Avenue, Greenford, UB6 9BX
- MessaCycles, 26 Dickens Yard, Ealing, W5 2TD
- The Bike Shop, 67 The Broadway, Greenford, UB6 9PN
- Woolsey of Acton, 281 Acton Lane, W4 5DH
Ealing also runs the scheme Try Before You Bike that allows you to buy a bike and pay it back monthly, and the bicycle is delivered to your door.
Sustrans have created a map showing bike shops that are open.