Growing your business online
With COVID-19 restrictions continuing it is important for businesses to be as visible online as possible to continue to engage with customers.
If your business is not already online or if you wish to improve your presence there are many free resources available as you adapt to government requirements.
Facebook for business
If you already have a page, Facebook has new features that allow you to add special content to your page, such as displaying your menu, listing your services or showcasing your products with a shop section. You can also make temporary service changes to your page.
You can also set up your page so that customers can purchase vouchers for your business.
Facebook for Business Training
Twitter also has a comprehensive guide for business looking to use their platform
Don’t for get to:
- Retweet, re-post and share what satisfied customers say about your business on social media. These posts act as a little testimonial that may encourage others to give your business a try.
- Respond to social media reviews online to show that you value your customers’ feedback, gives you an opportunity to highlight the positives and shows you care.
There are a number of local directories, Facebook groups and websites where businesses can list and raise their profile in the local area. Below are some of the websites that are available. You can also do an online search to see what is available in your area.
- My virtual neighbourhood – Ealing
- My virtual Neighbourhood-Acton
- Acton Notebook
- Pitshanger Village Shops Facebook page
Be the Business is a not-for-profit organisation set up by the government to support SMEs. Their website is dedicated to helping small businesses make better use of technology. Access their free tools and visit the rebuild your business web pages for free support.
Vodaphone has also created a small business resource centre to help small businesses.