Ethnic minorities make up a significant percentage of Ealing’s resident population. Therefore Ealing library service aims to develop, help provide and engage in outreach work to community groups and promote Ealing library services for ethnic minorities throughout the borough.
Ealing libraries stock a large range of non-English books, DVDs, CDs, newspapers, magazines and dual language books
- Arabic, Chinese, Gujarati, Hindi, Punjabi, Pashtu, Polish, Somali and Urdu books
- European languages books in French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish
- a separate collection of books by black writers
- aspirasian collection novel books in English with an Asian interest
All of which are all located at various libraries in the borough. You can also view our popular Asian authors of fiction books.
We also have:
- dual language books for children in various languages
- books to help in learning English
- information books on religion, health, cookery, history culture, poetry etc
- talking books in Gujarati, Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu are available at Acton, Central and Southall libraries.
We keep a range of newspapers and magazines and journals in a variety of different community languages in many of our libraries.
Community outreach work
We work in partnership with community organisations to promote our services and organise events.
Exhibitions and events
We organise various multicultural events and displays such as Black History Month, Polish exhibitions, Diwali, Eid, Guru Nanak’s birthday, Vaisakhi and Refugee week aimed at different ethnic minority communities.