What do we want to achieve?
We want to ensure improved outcomes and life chances for children and young people in Ealing who live in families with complex problems.
To achieve this, we will:
Focus on anti-social behaviour and crime
- Reduce anti-social behaviour, offending and repeat offending among young people and their parents
- Raise aspirations of young people involved in crime
- Reduce police call-outs
- Reduce anti-social behaviour warning letters, Acceptable Behaviour Contracts (ABCs) and ASBOs
Focus on education and attendance
- Improve school attendance and attainment
- Reduce exclusions.
Focus on employment
- Support as many families as possible to improve their employability and enable them to progress independently
- Support families to achieve work readiness through education and training
- Increase the number of parents or family members in employment
- Reduce child poverty through increasing parental employment, education and training
- Raise the aspirations of children and young people and support them to access training and employment opportunities
Focus on other local outcomes
- Reduce the numbers of children that experience harm through abuse or neglect, or who need to be in local authority care
- Build parental and family resilience in dealing with their challenges and with everyday issues
- Improve parental health and emotional well-being
- Reduce debt, evictions and rent arrears
- Help sustain tenancies
- Reduce the cost of supporting families and develop ‘value for money’ services by targeting resources in the most effective way