Free cargo bike hire
Please note that the cargo bike is not available to hire at this point in time. Please email email@example.com to be kept up to date about its availability.
Ealing residents can now borrow a two-wheeler bakfiets for free, subject to valid insurance.
Cargo bikes, also known as freight bicycles, carrier cycles and box bikes, are pedal powered vehicles designed and constructed specifically for transporting loads. They are great alternatives to the car, can be used to carry up to two small children and are perfect for a fun day out.
You can use the cargo bike for:
- The school run
- Shopping - say goodbye to car park headaches
- Fun days out - make the journey to the park part of the adventure
- Community events - haul equipment to a local event
- Allotment deliveries - shift that compost to your plot with ease.
Tempted to give it a go?
If you’re an Ealing resident you can hire a cargo bike free of charge, as long as you have valid third party cycle insurance.
Anyone with London Cycling Campaign (LCC) membership will already have third party liability insurance included in their membership.
Ealing residents who are hiring the cargo bike are being offered LCC membership for half price, bringing the annual membership cost down to £25. Once you have the membership, or other third party cycle insurance, you can use the bike multiple times in the year without further cost.
Other benefits of LCC membership include:
- Free cargo bike hire all year round for Ealing residents
- Third-party insurance
- Free legal helpline
- Savings of up to 15% at 120 London bike shops
- Special offers on holidays, books, bike maintenance, and more
- Strengthening the voice of London’s cyclists.