Cycle training and Dr Bike cycle maintenance
Ealing Council offers up to four hours free of cycle training to anyone who lives, works or studies in the borough, as well as led rides for every level of cyclist.
Sessions are tailored to your own ability with a professional cycling instructor to suit your individual abilities and goals.
Sessions take place at a time and place that suits you. Participants can borrow bikes for free at certain training locations.
Adult group sessions
These sessions are for adults who prefer to learn in a group with people of a similiar level of cycling.
The following courses are also available:
- Holiday courses for children
- School Bikeability courses
- Scooter and Balance courses
To book your session or request a course visit cycling instructor (our provider) or call 0845 652 0421.
The council provides a free Dr Bike service where mechanics will carry out minor repairs on the spot and give advice on how to look after your bike to keep you riding all year round.
Summer/Autumn 2019 Dr Bike sessions will take place at the following locations:
- Hanwell Clock Tower, Station Road/Cherington Road Junction 2-5pm on 6 July, 3 August, 31 August
- Acton Market, Outside Morrisons 2-5pm on 8 June, 13 July, 10 August, 7 September
- West Ealing Farmers' Market, Uxbridge Road 9am-12pm on 22 June, 20 July, 17 August, 14 September
- Southall Square, Outside Lidl 2-5pm on 29 June, 27 July, 24 August, 21 September
- Haven Green, Ealing Broadway Cycle Hub 4.30-7.30pm on 27 June, 25 July, 29 August, 26 September