Cycle training and Dr Bike cycle maintenance
COVID-19 and cycle training
Currently all adult cycle training is suspended until further notice due to COVID-19.
Ealing works with local schools who are committed to Transport for London's (TfL) STARS programme to offer free cycle training. This takes place at the school's premises. Bikeability training in schools can still take place for vulnerable children and children of key workers. Training will however be at the discretion of the head teacher.
Free online cycle skills course
Whether you're new to cycling or just want to brush up on your skills, TfL’s free online cycle skills course provides easy to follow tips and advice to get you going. There are four short modules to try. If you complete all four modules, you’ll receive a unique 15% discount code so you can save on Halfords own-brand cycle lights, locks and helmets.
Improve your basic skills to feel more confident. In the course, you'll learn:
- Tips to get you and your cycle prepared for the road
- How to start cycling on the road safely and responsibly
- Tips to brush up on your cycling skills
- How to cycle in a group with children
The council provides a free Dr Bike service where mechanics will carry out minor repairs on the spot and give advice on how to look after your bike to keep you riding all year round.
Spring/Summer 2021 Dr Bike sessions will take place at the following locations:
- Acton Market, Outside Morrisons 2-5pm on 13 March, 10 April, 8 May, 5 June, 3 July
- Greenford Station, 10am-1pm on 6 March, 3 April, 1 May, 29 May, 26 June
- Hanwell Clock Tower, 2-5pm on 6 March, 3 April, 1 May, 29 May, 26 June
- Haven Green, Ealing Broadway Cycle Hub 10am-1pm on 13 March, 10 April, 8 May, 5 June, 3 July
- Northolt Library, Eastcote Lane North 1pm-4pm on 20 March, 17 April, 15 May, 12 June, 10 July
- Pitshanger Lane 2pm-4pm on 13 March, 3 April, 1 May, 29 May, 26 June
- Southall Manor House, 10am-1pm on 27 March, 24 April, 22 May, 19 June, 17 July
- Southall Square, Outside Lidl 2-5pm on 27 March, 24 April, 22 May, 19 June, 17 July
- West Ealing Farmers' Market, Uxbridge Road 9am-12noon on 20 March, 17 April, 15 May, 12 June, 10 July