Christmas in our seven towns is here. There is something for everyone with festive lights, seasonal markets, family activities and carol singing.
- Your Acton BID Christmas 2023 - Your Acton BID. Join Acton BID on Friday 24 November for their Christmas market and event to switch on the Acton Christmas lights. There will be lots of family activities, letters to Santa, Christmas card making, mulled wine, carol singers and so much more.
- Acton BID will be offering free workshops at ReStore from Saturday 18 November to Sunday 3 December.
- Acton Market. Come along to the reduce and recycling hub on Saturday 2 December and find out how to have a fun waste free Christmas, enjoy carols and start your Christmas shopping with local traders.
- Christmas Market in Town Square. Step into the Christmas spirit at Ealing Broadway's Christmas Market. Whether you are searching for that unique gift, grabbing a bite to eat or soaking up the atmosphere with a mulled wine. Town Square is the place to be. Daily Saturday 18 November to Sunday 24 December. Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 10:30am to 6pm, Saturday 10am to 6:30pm and Sunday 10am to 5pm. Location: Town Square
- Santa's Grotto. Make a wish with Santa at Ealing Broadway this Christmas. Experience the enchantment of Christmas at Santa's grotto as families step into a world of winter wonder and meet Santa Claus himself. Saturday 18 November to Sunday 24 December at select days and times. Ticket cost £7 per child (plus £1.50 booking fee per family). Location: outside Tesco.
- Live music stage. Live music stage is back at Town Square. Live musicians will be belting out your favourite Christmas hits every Saturday from 12:30pm to 5:30pm throughout the festive season. Every Saturday between 18 November and 22 December. Location: Town Square. Want to wow the crowds? Budding Bublés and marvellous Mariahs will be invited to take the stage on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays! Find out how you can step into the spotlight.
- Winter coat collection. This year Ealing Broadway is partnering with Calling London to collect and redistribute unwanted warm coats. Drop off your coats in the donation box outside Tiger. They need coats of all sizes, as long as they're in clean, good condition and ready to be worn. From babies to adults. They are looking for wool coats, ski jackets, down coats and Jackets and duffle coats. No donation is sold, every item is passed onto a vulnerable Londoner this winter. Until Thursday 23 November.
- Christmas Tree Fayre at Lammas Park. Tuesday 19 December
- Father Christmas at Gunnersbury. Visit Victorian Father Christmas, dressed in traditional green robes, on Saturday 2, 9, 16 December and Sunday 3, 10 and 17 December. Children will receive a traditional wooden toy as a gift and can help Lizzie the kitchen maid make decorations to take home with them. Tickets cost £15
- Christmas concert with Myriam Cavalli. Join Myriam Cavalli at Gunnersbury Park Museum for an afternoon of Christmas singing on Saturday 2 and Sunday 3 December, 2pm to 4pm. There will be a repertoire of Christmas classics, from jazz favourites to Mariah Carey. £2 suggested donation
- Christmas concert with Coro. Get into the festive spirit with some carolling at Gunnersbury Park Museum on Saturday 16 December, 11am to 12pm. £2 suggested donation
- A Christmas special boardgaming meetup. Ever heard of Dr Eureka, Rhino Hero or Loony Quest? These are just a few of the great games you can play with family and friends at Gunnersbury Park Museum on Thursday 28 December, 1pm to 3:30pm. £5 suggested donation per group
- Christmas Open Sundays at Pitzhanger. Get into the festive spirit with Open Sundays on 3, 10 and 17 December, 10:30am to 12:30pm. Let your creativity flow in Christmas card-making sessions and find inner peace with winter wonderland yoga, plus storytelling sessions and art workshops. Free for residents of the borough
- Winter Lates at Pitzhanger. Immerse yourself in the festive spirit with Winter Lates on Thursday 7 and 14 December, 4pm to 8pm. There will be Christmas concerts by local school ensembles with the council’s music service and unique Christmas shopping events, where you can discover the perfect gifts for loved ones by candlelight
- Christmas pop-up design market at Pitzhanger. Curated by Home of Modern Makers, this market offers a treasure trove of unique Christmas gifts from talented local designers plus mulled wine and Christmas-themed pastries from the stalls. The free market is on Saturday 9 December, 11am to 5pm and Sunday 10 December, 11am to 4pm
- Christmas street food and shopping night market. A free trash and treasure market at The Brentham Club in Ealing on Friday 8 December, 5pm to 9pm. Enjoy street food, Christmas shopping, an elves grotto, face painting, mulled wine and fully licensed bars. Great food, music and fun for all the family
- Treasure Island at The Questors Theatre. The annual pantomime returns. Join The Questors Theatre throughout December (8 to 31 December) for this swashbuckling adventure on the high-seas for all the family. Full of tub-thumping musical numbers and belly-laughs, tickets start from just £10
- The White Carnation at The Questors Theatre. A ghostly Christmas story, this comedy runs from 15 to 30 December and is the perfect Christmas treat. Christmas Eve 1944. A gust of wind leaves John Greenwood stranded outside his family home. But is he in this world or the next?
- The Lightning Thief at University of West London. The Lightning Thief follows the story of Percy Jackson, a teenager who discovers he is a demigod, the son of Poseidon. Percy battles mythological creatures, uncovers his true identity, and learns the importance of friendship. The musical show runs from 14 to 16 December and is suitable for ages 8 and over
- Ealing Wind Orchestra Concert. Come and blow the New Year cobwebs away on Wednesday 3 January at 7pm with the very first concert given by the newly formed Ealing Wind Orchestra playing an ensemble of music from different genres
- Light up the lane 2023. Pitshanger Lane will be adorned with brand new lights and Christmas decor on Sunday 26 November, 4pm. There will also be live performances, Christmas market stalls, and children’s rides
- Pitshanger Lane Christmas tree. The Christmas tree switch on is taking place on Wednesday 6 December. Timings to be confirmed
- Procession of the three kings. Join the traditional celebratory procession of the three kings from Christ the Saviour’s Church in Ealing to Ealing Abbey on Sunday 7 January at 1pm, to celebrate the visit of the three wise men at the stable where Jesus was born
- Greenford Quays festive market. The festive market, organised by Greenford Quay and Trash and Treasure market, is back on Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 December, 12pm to 6pm. Two days packed full of festive food, artisan shopping and family activities including Santa’s grotto
- The Dodo Micropub. The Dodo Micropub has several Christmas events. This includes a Christmas Market Pop Up happening on 9 and 10 December at Pitzhanger Manor with Home of The Modern Makers.
- The Fox - Christmas Night Market on 14 December 4-8pm and Santa's Grotto on 16 December 12-3pm. Santa, elves, £7 per child raising money for Hounslow Animal Welfare.
To be advised.
- Perivale 5 mile running race. A 5-mile road running race, organised by local athletics club in Ealing, Southall, and Middlesex, is back on Sunday 3 December. The race will start at 10am, with registration opening at 8:30am. The route takes in local roads and parks and finishes on the Perivale athletics track
- The Green Quarter Christmas light switch on. There will be live singing, and many other surprises. Free to all on Thursday 30 November. Market starts at 4pm, then from 5pm and 8pm. Location: Parkside Yards, 1 Seva Drive, The Green Quarter, Southall, UB1 1GH. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southall lights switch. Get into the Christmas spirit and see Southall’s landmarks glitter and sparkle under the Christmas lights. Southall Town Hall switch is on Thursday 7 December and Southall Manor House switch on Friday 8 December. Timings to be confirmed
- Southall Christmas procession. Enjoy the brightly lit Christmas procession along Norwood Green on Saturday 9 December, 4pm. It will start at Southall Church of God and will finish at St Georges Church at 6pm. please contact Father Wilson Masih for more information on email@example.com
Keep checking this page for more exciting events taking place in the borough this Christmas.