You can apply to buy your council home through the right to buy scheme.
Before you start
- You have been a council tenant for at least three years
- It’s your only or main home
- It’s not a sheltered property or suitable for elderly or disabled people
- You do not have any outstanding possession orders against you.
You will need
- Your rent account number
- Your current property address
- A completed right to buy application form.
What happens next
We will check your details and your tenancy and confirm if you qualify for the right to buy within 28 days. If we cannot do this, we will tell you when you can expect to hear from us.
This form should take approximately five minutes to complete.