Housing consumer standards

The regulator of social housing is the government body that oversees the social housing sector across England.

Ealing Council is a local authority provider of social housing and is required to provide homes and services that comply with the regulatory framework and set of regulatory standards. These are called the consumer standards and currently include:

  • home standard - covering the quality of accommodation and repairs and maintenance

  • tenancy standard - how properties are allocated and exchanged and terms around tenure (type of occupation)

  • neighbourhood and community standard - issues around neighbourhood and communal areas and anti-social behaviour

  • tenant involvement and empowerment standard - customer service and complaints, tenant rights and involvement

  • tenant satisfaction measures standard - reporting against the tenant satisfaction measures, which cover information on areas such as repairs, safety checks and complaints

More information on these standards can be found on the regulator’s website.